Aug 28, 2010

College Fjord

Saturday was a day at sea and good thing because it rained all day. We knew we would enter the College Fjord sometime in the evening, but the crew didn't play up the Fjord like they did Glacier Bay. We were sitting at dinner, with Hal & Jackie, when we noticed the absolutely gorgeous glaciers surrounding the ship in the Fjord. We finished dinner quickly and hurried up on deck. Fortunately the rain had stopped and it was not yet dark.




P- What the hell?!? This is absolutely beautiful! Why did they make such a big deal of the final dinner instead of the Fjord.

Jackie- I can't imagine. This is stunning!

G- I would have skipped dinner altogether had I known the Fjord was this beautiful!

P- Exactly, I couldn't give a shit about the dining room staff dancing around flailing napkins and singing stupid songs.



G- I don't know, the vegetable juggling act was quite impressive. I'm inspired to grab some peppers and onions and teach myself to juggle. Hal, you want to learn to juggle with me?

Hal - Sure.

P- Shut up! You are stupid!

Jackie- You girls crack me up.

College Fjord was incredible and we stood on deck, in awe of the 360 degree view of multiple glaciers, until it was too dark to see.