Jan 27, 2011

Bring Me a Barf Bag, Bitch!

Last night was not a good night. Sometime during the night I heard Phyl in the bathroom and could tell that something was wrong.

G- Are you ok?

P- No. I feel like I'm going to throw up, but I'm having diarrhea and I don't have anything to puke into.

(Because toilet paper cannot be flushed, it is put into the bathroom garbage can, usually a plastic
basket .)

G- I can get one of the airplane barf bags (that I carry in case of car or bus sickness).

P- Yes, please get me one of those.

G- Here, and let me wet your wash cloth with cold water.

Phyl proceeded to wake up every couple of hours and experience bouts of sickness. By morning things seemed to have stopped, but she was exhausted and still nauseated. I went downstairs for breakfast and brought her a coke and baguette in case she could eat some dry bread. She took ibuprofen and slept.

I had been attacked by the 'woman scourge' and was happy to lay in bed, watch TV (the AFC & NFC playoff games in replay) and read. At about 3:00 pm, I was hungry and decided to go off and eat so I woke her to see how she felt and if she wanted me to try to find her some soup. She was feeling much better, was hungry, and decided to go with me.

We walked over to Rosy's and ate something very light. There we learned that a 12 hour stomach virus was going around and the Cambodians were getting it too. We were happy to learn that it was not food poisoning. The afternoon was very uneventful. We, mostly I, ate dinner at a restaurant close to Bun Kao Guesthouse called Hawaii Pizza. Yes, strange name for a restaurant. The dish was pan fried fish (I could never discern the kind of fish, but it was white, flaky & sweet.) served on mango & papaya salsa. It was divine!!!

Back at Bun Kao, we made arrangements to leave on Sunday, 30th, via bus to Phnom Penh.