Jan 25, 2011

You Sit! No, Sleep!

Tired from walking the temples, we decided to stay 2 more days in Siem Reap. We were comfortable here and didn't want to move on and as long as we were here, it meant that if we wanted, we could return to the temples, but once we left, they were behind us. We rented bikes from our Bun Kao Guesthouse and road around the city. On the other side of the river we found Viva Mexicana were we stopped to have lunch. With happy hour from 10:00 am – 8:00 pm, consisting of 50 cent cold Angkor draft, really yummy tacos for $1.00/each, and fast, free wifi, we spent the better part of an afternoon there. We worked on blogs and talked to other patrons about their travels. It's important to never pass up an opportunity to get advice on guesthouses, avoiding scams, and things to see and do.


Mizzi & Katha had scheduled massages, the masseuses coming to our guesthouse, so we decided to do the same. We had told them about our Thai massages and laughed about they ways in which they touch you without batting an eye. Katha thought it was funny, but Mizzi was not really a massage kinda girl and, although she had only requested a foot massage, was very nervous about it. These massages were called Khmer massages, although none of us really knew what that meant. Phyl & I are always game for someone to massage us, especially for only $6.00.

The masseuses, 2 early 20 something females, arrived one evening at 9:00 PM. Not nearly as comical as Hong, they got right down to business. Note that we were in a king size bed, wearing our pajamas.

G's masseuse – You sleep! (she pointed to the bed)

G- You want me to put my head (pointing to my head) here (pointing to the pillow) or here (pointing to the foot of the bed).

G's masseuse – Sleep here! (pointing to the pillow)

I laid down as instructed. Phyl followed my lead and did the same. The masseuses climbed on top of our legs and started massaging our backs and butts. We tried to make small talk, but they didn’t speak English, and we don't speak Khmer. It was all for the better because it allowed Phyl & I to speak freely about the massages, and it allowed them to speak to each other.

G- I'm not sure how I feel about this taking place in our bed. It sounded good that they would come to our room, but now it feels kind've icky!

P- I can't really relax because I'm not sure where she's going with those hands and it's making me nervious!!

G- And since we're not into the orgy thing, it's kind've creepy.

P- I can think of quite a few of our friends, mostly our straight, male friends, who would like to be watching this, or trade places with us.

With that, my masseuse began folding my legs in the pretzel pattern, like the Thai masseuses.

G- Here we go again! I guess Khmer massage is very much like Thai massage.

P- Whatever, as long as she doesn't hurt me.

As we laughed again, my girl stood on my ass, facing my head, and tried to pull my feet around the front of her knees. My mouth fell open and Phyl started to say something to me when her girl climbed up on her ass, in a kneeling position, and started gyrating up and down in such a way that she was massaging Phyl's butt cheeks with her knees and inner thighs. We started laughing!!!!!

P's masseuse – You ok?

P- Yes. Ok.


street scenes
 G- Oh my gawd!!! I so wish that we could be video taping this. We can tell people about it but they'll never believe it.

P- I'm not believing it and it's being done to me.

G- I can't wait to go home and drink wine and demonstrate it for our friends.





Things settled down slightly as they climbed off of us and began to massage our legs and feet. Although I remained a little nervous because it seems like they never know the appropriate place to stop as they rub up your inner thigh. They chatted with each other, laughing occasionally, God only knowing what they were saying about us. Then the momentary lull ended when they stood up and we were given new instructions.

My masseuse – You sit!

We both turned over and sat up. Then the girls sat on our bed, leaning against the headboard and put our pillows over their laps.

My masseuse – You sit!

Phyl didn't move and watched as I skooched back, in a sitting position, between my masseuse's legs.

My masseuse – No! You sit!

G- Sit?

My masseuse – Sleep! You sleep!

tuk-tuk school bus
Finally realizing what she wanted, I lay down, face up, on the pillow. Phyl did the same.

G- I have to tell you, in case you didn't know, but I'm really not into that whole dominatrix, someone barking orders at me kinda thing.

P- Really? After 18 years, I never would have known.

It felt great to have our heads and necks massaged, but we were distracted by the heightened level of chatter and giggling between the masseuses.

P- I know they're talking about my boobs.

G- How could they not be? They're some kind of strange phenomena to them like the Angkor Temples are to us.

P- Ok, she can laugh at them, but now I think she's trying to touch them.

G- She's just massaging the upper portion of your chest.

P- Easy for you to say, you have none. I know when my breasts are being touched and I think she's touching them.

We started laughing and again said how we wish we had this on video tape. Then I realized that poor Mizzi had also gotten a massage, albeit only a foot massage and wondered what tortures of the damned she had endured. After the final cracking of our fingertips, we paid our $6.00 and off they went. Overall, we felt looser, in more ways than one, and more relaxed.