Aug 2, 2010

Regrouping and Rejuvenating

After the harrowing night we had finally getting out of the apartment, we slept late at Shannon's house and then returned to Pleasanton to get the rest of the stuff off of Steve's porch.  We actually crammed a little more stuff into the storage unit, drove down Pleasanton's Main Street one last time, with a pass through the Meadowlark Dairy for a soft serve ice cream cone, and with sadness in our hearts, headed back to San Francisco.  We chilled the rest of the day.............it was a hard earned break. 

Tuesday we reorganized all of the crap we had brought to Shannon's and repacked our bags. 

P- How much stuff are you bringing with you? 
G- Well, I'm not being very judicious with my space because we can still bring what can fit into the SUV and we're not sure what kind of climates we'll be in or what kind of clothes we'll need.
P- How many pairs of shoes are you bringing?
G- Too many.  Um, maybe 5-6?
P- What happened to the epiphany you said you had last night?
G- The epiphany was that we still have too much shit and that we were going to get rid of even more stuff when we returned to SF, but right now, I'm taking 5-6 pairs of shoes and more clothes than I'm sure I need.
I have to transition from a walk in closet to a 60 pound suitcase of clothes before I can go traveling around Asia with less than 40 pounds on my back.
P- I agree.  By the time we get to Asia, we'll be happy to only have one bag on our backs with only 4 shirts and 2 pairs of shorts.
G- Ain't dat da truth!