Aug 21, 2010

Run, Nick, Run!!

We quickly arrived in Bellingham............it is amazing how close all of these cities are to one another......... and began the search for a hotel. It seemed that Motel 6 would be the winner, but we headed to a grocery and in search of a Chinese restaurant. On our quest for Chinese food, we passed the Lion Motel.

P- Pull in here. I'd rather stay at a motel than a big hotel. It's so much easier to get the stuff into the room when we can park just outside the door.

G- Ok, check it out and I'll wait here. If the rate is good, go see the room before you decide.

Watching the exchange between the guy at the desk and Phyl gave me the feeling that things were not going well. She started to walk out, then went back in. As she passed the car following Nick the desk clerk, she made that face at me, the one that says...........Nick is a jackass and she is annoyed.

Nick - (as they passed the car) Are you coming to see the room?

G- No. She will see it and make the decision.

Nick- You should come see it too.

G- I'll wait here.

P- (to Nick) Come on!

They returned and as they passed, Phyl advised me that we were staying. The room must be nice because I know she's not lovin Nick!! After completing the paperwork, Nick followed Phyl back out to the car.

G- Can you tell me how to get to the closest Chinese restaurant?

Nick - Oh, it's not far. Do you have a map?

G- I have a GPS, but if it's not far, just tell me.

Nick- You take a right on this street, turn left on Flora, then it's 3 blocks down on your right. Maybe I should draw you a map.

G- I think I can remember that, Nick.

P- (yelling over me) We don't need a map!!

As I drove away.................

P- Stupid bastard! We're not retarded! Apparently the women in Nick's life are stupid.

G- Yes, he's very condescening and what makes it worse is that slow talking, preacher type voice that he's got.

P- I hate him.

G- He's just trying to be nice.

P- He's an idiot! But the room was very nice. Just remodeled and very clean, with a kitchenette.

It was nice to stop a little early and eat our Chinese and watch some TV. We put some updates on the blog and emailed Alyce to let her know we'd be back in Seattle tomorrow.