Aug 21, 2010

The Police


It was a very quiet night, but the next morning we awoke to find the police outside our door. Thank God they weren't there for us!!! I peeked out the curtain to see Nick pacing in the parking lot.

G- I've started loading the car. The police are at the next room taking a report. I can't figure out what it's about.

P- Open the window and I'll try to hear what they're saying.

As I loaded the car, Gladys Kravitz stood by the window trying to get the scoop.

Nick - I'm embarrassed to have the police here. I'm very sorry. Nothing like this has happened before. Can I help you load your car?

G- No, thank you. Everything has to go in a certain way so it'll fit. I've got it covered. Don't worry about it. Having the cops here does't matter to us at all. What happened?

Nick- It was a wild party.

G- A wild party happened here? We didn't hear a thing.

Nick - No, it happened somewhere else, but the woman in that room has some friends in there who caused some trouble. You want me to help you carry out your stuff?

G- Well, it's not big deal. Don't worry about it. Everything was quiet here last night. The room was nice. I don't need help with the stuff, thanks anyway.

Nick - You sure you don't need help packing the car?

P- Ok, I'm ready to go. Did he just ask you 3 times if you wanted help?

G- Yes!!!! One more time and I was gonna say.........Mofo, we don't need a map and I don't need help packing the car. Now take that condescending voice and go away before you need help removing my foot from your ass!!!

P- I thought so. I was thinking, Nick, you'd better just go away. I'm not even allowed to pack the car. OMG! Look at the license plate on the woman's car in the room where the police were.

G- Ugh! Louisiana!!! What did you hear the police saying?

P- Something about a wild party and they told that guy and girl who walked away that if they ever went back to the place again, they'd be arrested for trespassing.

G- It probably was a very mild party by Nola standards, but it figures that they'd be from Louisiana! Did Nick draw you a map to get us back to the freeway?

P- No, but he did tell me that we should take the scenic drive through Chuckanut.

G- Chuckanut?!?

P- Y'erd me. Chuckanut!!

G- Yeah!  If we didn't get away from that dude when did, I may have had to chuckhisnuts!!

We drove to Seattle, getting there in no time, and found a laundromat to do some much needed clothes washing. This particular laundromat had WiFi.............hot damn!!! Then we went to Alyce's house and enjoyed the evening talking to her and repacking for our Alaskan cruise.