Aug 8, 2010

Take a Bath!

Our first morning in Portland was, as usual, gray and foggy. Fortunately, the fog burned off by mid day and we got to enjoy the sun. We took the Portland equivalent of Bart, MetMax, into the city to downtown where they were having a food festival and a bridge bike race. We walked along the Willamette River and had a big salad and beer at an Irish pub.

G- The city is nestled in these hills and all of the greenery is beautiful, but this city is not doing much for me. I expected to like Portland more than I am.


P- And look at all of these freaky people who are in serious need of personal hygiene.

G- I know. I've never seen so many hairy mofos who look like they need to be shaved and bathed. Of course it's not everyone, but enough people to make it noticeable.

P- Look at that bitch playing in the fountain. She looks over 50 and everyone else playing in the fountain is under 5. Maybe I should toss her a bar of soap and she can bathe while she's in there.

G- She doesn't look homeless. This is weird. God knows we are use to quirky peeps in Nola and SF, but this is super weird. This is beyond the grunge look. There are colonies of fleas living on some of those people.

P- Let's go, they're making me itch.



We left the downtown feeling less than satisfied and drove to Lake Oswego to drop off some old photos and papers I had found while purging, to my ex husband. Then we sat in Fourbucks and worked on the blog. Overall, not our favorite day, but there's always tomorrow.